A comforting blend for your hormonal mare
Mares in season can exhibit unwanted behaviour and in some cases, can become difficult to ride. If you are the owner of a “marey mare” you might be finding that your horse:
- Urinates frequently, even when you’re riding
- Is sensitive to being groomed or tacked up
- Demonstrates bad behaviour like biting, kicking, squealing and tail swishing
- Has a poor worth ethic and becomes reluctant to travel forward or focus
- Spends time calling out, flirting or is frequently distracted
If your moody mare is struggling with a hormone imbalance, the Dodson & Horrell Stroppy Mare herbal blend may help. Stroppy Mare is a calming supplement made up of six soothing herbs to help settle the behaviour of mares in heat. It contains:
- Chamomile and vervain – renowned for their calming properties.
- St John’s wort and chaste tree berries – to support normal hormonal function.
- Raspberry leaves and peony petals – nutritional support of the reproductive system.
Ponies and smaller horses = 1½ scoops.
*Larger horses = 2 scoops *1 scoop (100ml) = 15g.
**Please use scoop provided.
Do not exceed the recommended feeding guide without consulting Dodson & Horrell or your veterinarian. Do not feed to mares in foal.
Lasts approximately 44 days depending on the size of the horse. Comes in a 1kg tub. Please be aware that herb density can vary, therefore may alter the number of days available.
St John's Wort, Chamomile, Vervain, Chaste Tree Berries, Raspberry Leaves, Peony Petals
Crude Protein =12.0%
Crude Oils & Fats = 4.0%
Crude Fibre = 24.0%
Crude Ash =7.0%
Sodium = 0.2%