Digestive EQ is a unique blend of ingredients specifically formulated to support the digestive and immune systems of your horse. Digestive EQ manufactured by Poseidon Equine is designed to assist with both fore and hindgut digestion as well as assist with inflammation and immune challenges.
For extra cover, Digestive EQ contains a mycotoxin eliminator offering greater benefits than a binder from mycotoxins from hay, pastures and poorer quality roughage. During periods of stress, such as physical, health challenges, transporting and in response to some feeds, nutrient digestion and uptake may be substantially compromised. Excess starch from the diet may lead to increased lactic acid production and an unfavourable shift in the gut microbiota – i.e. the bad bugs proliferate and out-compete the good bugs. This shift in the microbiome can lead to toxins being produced in the gut of the horse and further compromise the health, performance and recovery. These stress events may lead to an acidic hindgut, where damage and irritation to the gut wall can occur allowing toxins to move from the gut and into the blood system, resulting in systemic inflammation. This could result in laminitis, colic, behavioural issues, hindgut inflammation, reduced performance, appearance, hoof growth and other problems.
Digestive EQ contains ingredients that are scientifically proven to support digestive and immune function. Their combination in Digestive EQ is designed to promote synergy between the ingredients and assist with digestion and immune functions.
- A marine source of calcium is incorporated to assist with the maintenance of gut pH. Gut pH may become excessively acidic under certain conditions such as in response to feed, training and feeding times. Calcium is important for bone formation, turn over and cellular processes. Digestive EQ is formulated with this in mind and uses a highly bioavailable source of calcium.
- A yeast fermentation product that is proven to support the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, reduce inflammation and support immune function. By promoting the natural growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, these are able to out-compete pathogenic bacteria thereby reducing the challenge within the gut. Importantly, the yeast fermentation product is not live and is produced from a proprietary, quality-controlled process, unlike other yeast products that are fermentative by-products (i.e. leftover from the production of something else) and of variable quality.
- A multi-action mycotoxin eliminator. Mycotoxins are secondary metabolites produced by some moulds and fungi and may be harmful to humans and animals. Different mycotoxin classes exist and are usually fed to horses unnoticed in roughage and in pastures. Typical mycotoxin binders are only effective against a specific class of mycotoxins. Digestive EQ contains not only a binding function but also a mycotoxin eliminator that can deactivate mycotoxins in the gut and antioxidants to support the natural response to mycotoxin exposure.
- Amino acids to support the maintenance and function of the gut. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and are important to support metabolism, nutrient absorption, mucus production, healing and muscle growth and repair.
- Digestive enzymes to assist with making more dietary nutrients available to enhance the process of non-starch polysaccharides (fibrous components) digestion.
Digestive EQ is:
- Formulated by qualified independent equine and animal nutritionists
- Produced from scientifically proven ingredients that are supported by peer-reviewed publications
- Made from high-quality ingredients from FIAAA registered suppliers
- Manufactured in a registered AVPMA and GMP facility
- Free from added sugars or molasses
- Able to form part of a horse’s existing diet and is suitable for continuous feeding, including race or competition days
Digestive EQ is formulated to assist with:
- Wound recovery
- Stimulation of the horses innate immune response
- Reduced systemic inflammation
- Calmer behaviours and improved attitudes
- Calcium retention & bone strength
- Feed conversion
- Nutrient uptake
- Reducing risk of laminitis, colic and respiratory infections
- Reduced lactic acid production
- Recovery after exercise
- Recovery and prevention of gastric and hindgut ulcers
- Elimination of mycotoxins
- Coat and hoof condition
- Ability to cope with stress
- Headshaking syndrome
Results from using Digestive EQ can be seen as quickly as 24 hrs (in the case of improvements from mycotoxins) with full effect being seen in 2-4 weeks.